1 July 2020
BROADMEADOWS CHILDREN’S COURT
In response to the Premier’s announcement to move to Stage 3 restrictions in Broadmeadows, the Court has determined that with effect from 2 July 2020 all Family Division matters heard at the Broadmeadows Children’s Court complex will be heard remotely. This is necessary to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all court users, including legal representatives and staff.
Family Division matters at Broadmeadows will proceed in the following manner until 29 July 2020 unless otherwise advised:
- Emergency Care matters – to proceed online
- Mentions - to be adjourned on the papers with existing orders to be extended on the same terms & conditions, unless otherwise requested. Consent orders are to be filed in accordance with Practice Direction 1 of 2020. Parties may apply for a reserved submissions hearing.
- Reserve Submissions – to continue online
- Readiness hearings – to continue online
- Family Drug Treatment Court reviews to be conducted online
- For further information regarding Marram-Ngala Ganbu, please contact the Koori Services Coordinator on 9007 7616
The operations of the Broadmeadows Children’s Court will continue to be reviewed in line with the recommendations of the Chief Health Officer.