Court Network is a voluntary court support service operating throughout Victoria. Two Court Network volunteers are assigned to Melbourne Children’s Court each day providing court users with personal support, information and referral to appropriate services.
Court Network also operates in all metropolitan courts and in many regional courts including Ballarat, Bendigo, Castlemaine, Echuca, Geelong, Colac, Latrobe Valley, Mildura, Shepparton, Wangaratta, Warrnambool and Wodonga.
The Court Network Telephone Information and Referral Service operates from 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Call toll free:
1800 681 614
1800 571 239
Court Network volunteers can:
- give you support and information about going to court
- explain how the courts and legal systems operate
- assist you to feel safe and unthreatened while at court
- help to arrange access to a secure room if required
- familiarise you with the court beforehand, so you know where to go
- provide support with arranging an interpreter
- be with you in person on your day in court and sit with you throughout your evidence
- sit with you while you give your evidence in a remote witness facility
- help explain decisions that affect you
- refer you to other community services that can help you with legal questions, health, housing and family violence issues, as well as any other issues you may be experiencing
- advocate for your individual (non-legal) needs and circumstances at court